It's time to put theories into practice.

   


It was our first day of teaching practice. I was allotted to NSS GHS Pandalam for practice teaching.  As it was my first day in school in the garb of a teacher, a feeling of excitement mixed with a little bit of anxiety gripped my heart. Moreover, the swift transition from student life to that of a responsible and reliable teacher was a real pressure. 

     As the school arts fest is scheduled next week, the students seemed to be in a state of excitement. Many of them were rehearsing for competition. I had to take class for VIII E students during the seventh hour. It is quite natural to feel tired and uninterested to learn as the end of the school day approaches. But, to my surprise, they welcomed their new teacher with warm hearts, and were interested to build rapport with me. I began the lesson "The Little Round Red House", a story of a little boy who is excited to explore new things from his surroundings. I asked them about their downtime activities and linked it with the lesson. I taught the first three paragraphs of the lesson and asked in-text questions to check their understanding. They presented active participation in the class. The subject teacher Smt. Sreekala observed my class and gave positive feedback. 


Some students of the school have also organized a Science Fair today. As we went there, they clearly explained the details of the various models and charts displayed there. Thus, the first day turned out to be a memorable one that makes me eagerly wait for more teaching and learning experiences.

Popular posts from this blog

A Journey Between Life and Death: A Reflection on "When Breath Becomes Air" by Paul Kalanithi

Performance observed

A Matter of the Heart: Education in India- A cross section of Indian education system